Afternoon work

Shoe came over and we tilted the boat and chocked her in position with spare trailer tires. This angle gives me about 1″ at bottom of lee board to spare. 

IMG_20160514_161253683-001

 

No, the lee board didn’t fit! I spent a couple of hours installing/uninstalling lee board and upper mount over and over till I finally got it working right. This is typical for this kind of lee board; at least for me!

IMG_20160514_171159431-001

 

 

Looks like I got the angle on the lower mount right to feed into the upper slot. Also note filler 3/4″ x 1″ woon piece under grip wale. This for through bolts to fasten the upper mount. Good clearance in slot to lee board for epoxy sealer and paint without binding I think…not too sloppy anyway.

IMG_20160514_170747878_HDR-001

Another view of same…IMG_20160514_161224529-001

 

 

Epoxied in the anchor well drains. Masking tape makes it hard to see well. After it sets up I will take another photo. Maybe you can see what I was talking about anyway…

IMG_20160514_193651166 (1)-001

Un Abrazo,

Bill

Advertisements

2 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Larry Whited
    May 14, 2016 @ 21:55:51

    Your smoke’n Bill! Good work! It’l been done before you know it.

    Reply

  2. W. P. Moffitt
    May 14, 2016 @ 23:05:16

    I am beginning to wonder if one can get away with this crap twice…!

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: