Real Progress…

It was a long day, but I got a lot done. I need more days like this if I am going to make it…

Below is a shot of the anchor well. The bow cutwater is at the top. I added the triangular block and 2 x 4″ 6oz tapes over it to make a strong point for the U bolt shown. This will be mounted vertically at the bottom of the well as a tow/trailer winch point.

IMG_20160508_152625237-001

 

Fabricated, primed, painted and installed the starboard transom corner brace; is this considered a breasthook?

IMG_20160508_152732213-001

Another view of the transom corner brace…

IMG_20160508_152746634_HDR-001

 

Below is the glued up final assembly of the bottom of the tabernacle.  The 1/2″ steel rod is for the mast heel to set the mast rake. Pain is the ass!

IMG_20160508_152856985-001

 

Screwed down mock up of of the mizzen mast mounts. It took a while to get this lined up; the level says all is well, but until I can roll the boat out from under the cover, I won’t know for sure. 

IMG_20160508_173707298-001

Here is a close up of the slanted square hole for the mizzen mast. Looks rough, but it took a lot of work to get it to fit; good enough! 

IMG_20160508_173730551-001

 

I also got the clamping screws holes filled , sanded, and ready for paint or glass on the lee board mounts. Below is the  upper mount glassed on the upper side and curing for the night.

IMG_20160508_182534700-001

Back at it tomorrow. 

Un Abrazo,

Bill

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: