Wednesday, March 12th

I am on call today but should be free till 6. So I grabbed the tarp and peeled it back. I had put it on brown side up (normally silver side up) back when I had epoxied the bulkheads and sides when the weather was cold. The idea was to let the sun heat up the structure to catalyze the joints. Unfortunately I have had a couple of days where I could not work on the boat. The bilge panel was right on top touching the tarp. Appears one side got very hot and the ply cupped putting stress on the butt splice. results shown below. Will have to sand it all off and redo splice. Crap! Lesson learned.

img_0233-1.jpg

img_0234-1.jpgI sanded off a little too much resin else it might have been OK

But I did get the two first layer wales sanded and installed/epoxied/bronze-nailed one on the starboard side.

img_0235-1.jpg img_0232-1.jpg

Bill

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: